Friday, March 18, 2011

ICT in Secondary Education: ICT and VELS

Mingzi's ICT in Secondary Education: ICT and VELS

Engaging students to build up study blog is such a good idea! I have been only thinking to build up a teaching blog for students to access the teaching material used in class as well as supplement material. However, if I also ask studemts to build up their own blog, they will not only have more chances to interactive with me (the teacher) and peers, but also maintain an elctronic profile/record for their own long-term learning.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this idea of student blogs! This idea of long-term learning really lends a hand as you think about the difference between formative/summative learning. If the students are expected to post on a regular basis, as a kind of "hurdle" requirement, then as long as the teacher can access the student's blog, then they can formatively assess the student's progress across the length of an entire unit! I actually talked about this a lot on my blog post too :) www.strunguproo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete